Leaders of Color 2024 Application
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Leaders of Color Fellow in 2024. The Leaders of Color program expands the possibility of community leadership. We attract builders and doers - all of whom are guided by an unwavering commitment to improving education systems. If selected, each fellow will engage in issues that are impacting our communities right now while also diving deep into the historical issues that shape our systems and structures today. Through this fully-funded fellowship, fellows will pursue carefully planned projects and actions that leverage the deep community connections our programs provide. With the support of the Leaders of Color team and a personal coach, fellows plan a project that supports youth, and then achieve it.
If this sounds like you, keep reading.
Ideal candidates for the Leaders of Color fellowship program:
- Have demonstrated a deep commitment to expanding education quality and equity and achieving outcomes that benefit Black and Latinx children. Preferred but not required: Experience and passion for early childhood education.
- Have demonstrated leadership through community and civic action and service.
- Believe in the power of public service and government in improving education systems. Preferred but not required: Interest in running for public office within the next two years.
- Are able to commit to the fellowship over the course of six months, including regular events, courses, and activities. This commitment includes 70 hours of instruction, 10 hours of coaching, and approximately 15 hours of community engagement as a representative of Leaders of Color.
- Are located in Louisiana, Memphis, or Washington D.C.
- Applications will be accepted until December 31st. All applications will be reviewed and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis from November 1-December 31, 2023.
- Decisions will be announced in January 2024.
- Selected fellows will accept their seats by January 19, 2024. The 2024 cohort of Leaders of Color fellows will begin work in February 2024.
- *Timeline is subject to change
If our program is not for you, we understand and welcome your feedback! Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org