Leaders of Color Inaugural Day of Giving
On August 1, Leaders of Color held a Day of Giving to raise funds that directly support our mission. Donors from around the country supported our mission to develop and elevate Black and Latinx leaders into positions of civic and elected leadership!
But, here’s what really made us emotional:
- 50 people donated to Leaders of Color for the very first time.
- We received donations from people living in 14 different states!
- The average gift size from our donors was $100.
The money we raised directly supports our work on the ground in Louisiana, Memphis, New York, and Washington D.C. along with our plans to expand our work across the country. Money we raise from our generous supporters helps us:
- Keep all of our programming and leader support free of charge for fellows and alumni.
- Provide high-quality 1:1 leadership coaching.
- Organize trips to state capitols for alumni and fellows to advocate for equitable education policies for Black and Latinx children.
- Coordinate voter education and registration drives to drive policy changes that help Black and Latinx students get ahead.
- Create community events led by fellows and alumni that positively impacts children like back-to-school events.
If you would like to support our work, please consider making a donation!