Now Open: 2023 Leaders of Color Application and Nominations!
It's that time again! We are opening the application for our free leadership and political training program!
The Leaders of Color program works to improve education outcomes for Black and Latino children by identifying, training and elevating Black and Latino community leaders to create civic and political change. Every year, 100 Black and Hispanic leaders receive 70+ hours of workshops, training sessions, networking opportunities and coaching to step up their leadership game, run for office, or start that game-changing organization or company that will help more Black and Hispanic children succeed at school and beyond.
Ideal candidates will possess the following core competencies and characteristics:
- Have demonstrated a deep commitment through action or orientation to the movement for educational excellence and equity
- Are committed to achieving educational outcomes that benefit Black and Latino children
- Are action-oriented leaders who have a history of community relationships and connections
- Are committed and believe in public service as an extension of leadership- Have vision and purpose
- Are interpersonally savvy
To date, 210 leaders have graduated from our program and moved on to hold political office, start nonprofit organizations, build coalitions, and affect policy change in our four Leaders of Color sites: Louisiana, Memphis, New York, and Washington D.C. We cannot wait to see what our next group of leaders accomplishes!